The objective of achieving a standard of excellence in all matters in the field of health and safety is an integral part of realising the Royal BAM Group’s goal.
Over the years the Royal BAM Group companies have progressively developed and improved their safety management systems. This process of development and refinement is ongoing with the express objective of achieving continuous improvement in health and safety performance within Royal BAM Group.
Against the background of these considerations, the Executive Board of Royal BAM Group has identified a series of key points, which support its objective of improving the safety performance across the whole of Royal BAM Group. These key points must be seen as an addition to and in coherence with the Code of Conduct as established by the Executive Board.
- Occupational accidents, ill health and disability are avoidable.
- Personal damage and injury, and damage to property of third parties must be avoided at all times.
- Hazards, which give rise to a risk to health and safety are unacceptable and should be reduced to an acceptable level through the application of control measures.
- The Board of Directors of each operating company is responsible for the implementation of the Royal BAM Group’s health and safety policy in their organisation.
- Continuous and systematic improvement must be an integral part of the health and safety management system within each operating company.
- BAM employees do not give unsafe orders, or work to unsafe orders given by others.
It is the view of the Executive Board that Royal BAM Group develops, designs, builds and manages projects that meet needs in respect of people and the environment. With regard to people we mean anyone who is involved in or affected by the activities of the Group: employees, clients, designers, partners, suppliers, subcontractors, buyers and members of the public. ‘Environment’ concerns our respect for and protection of our planet, including all natural and life forms.
This means that the policy of Royal BAM Group and its group companies is to execute all work activities in a manner that exceeds our legislative obligations.
Royal BAM Group Safety Policy
Royal BAM Group looks to ensure that:
- Every possible form of injury and ill health that could result from our work activities is prevented;
- The requirements, wishes and expectations of the client are satisfied;
- Every effort is made to prevent any negative impact that our work activities may have upon personal property and the environment;
- Operational processes have a controlled course and are continuously improved.
Every employee of Royal BAM Group and its operating companies has a direct responsibility in achieving these goals. It requires good co-operation and continuous commitment. The management has an exemplary function in this process. We trust everyone to support and propagate this policy.